Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr P Hope, G Watkins and L Watkins.
Council noted that no election had been called. It was agreed not to pursue a co-option unless someone came forward as there would be elections on 2nd May 2019.
No dispensations requests had been received. No Declarations of Interest were made.
• Council noted the incident relating to the attempted break in at the Post Office. As a result of a partial number plate being reported two people had been arrested whilst breaking in to another premises. The Police requested once again that residents report any suspicious activity or vehicles as the information could be important;
• The Police were requested to attend the Primary School to help address the issues of car parking. They would make every effort to attend;
• As part of a Police Crime Commissioner initiative, 40 metre-high cartoon police officers had been purchased. They would be deployed outside schools warning passing drivers to slow down and not park on the zig-zag markings. One of these would be deployed at the school;
• Concern had been expressed regarding car parking outside the school by Councillors and residents. It was suggested that the School should review its Travel Plan and Travel Policy and include fresh plans for safer travel to school;
• The Parish Council agreed to investigate the deployment of a Speed Indicator Device (SID). The Safer Roads Partnership would be contacted to carry out an assessment of the area and advise further on the matter;
• The cost of providing a SID would be in the region of £870 for the assessment and base and £1,000 per annum for four hire charges;
• It was agreed that Cllr Palmer would liaise with the school again. She had met the school along with Cllr Tribe and a number of proposals had been discussed, including the alternative footpath option. It was agreed to continue to investigate the alternative route by footpath to the school, although it was acknowledged that this would require some investment and would only be used during good weather. It was suggested that the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) may be able to help with funding;
• Grit bins – It was confirmed that Balfour Beatty were carrying out a review of grit bins and identifying those which were their responsibility and those which were the Parish Council responsibility. Balfour Beatty would only fill grit bins that belonged to Herefordshire Council. A certain amount of abuse of the grit had been reported;
• An extraordinary meeting of Herefordshire Council had been called to obtain an explanation behind the safeguarding issues that had been identified under the Council’s Social Care responsibilities;
• Cllr Jinman had shadowed a pothole repair Team for a day recently. He expressed concerns regarding the amount and level of abuse directed at the Team and requested that the public showed a level of respect to the workers;
• It was confirmed that Planning Application P183609 would be considered by the Planning Committee. Cllr Jinman would attend and speak.
It was agreed to submit the following responses:
Birches Farm, Cusop, Craswall, Hereford HR3 5RN Proposed siting of two timber self-catering holiday cabins, ancillary play area and path. No objection
184350 High View, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0LU Proposed steel portal framed agricultural building. No objection
184175 Maple Farm, Longtown, Hereford Proposed gravel access track. No objection
184190 Great Hunt House, Walterstone, HR2 0DZ Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – Proposed building. Prior approval granted
190009 Tyn Y Berth, Longtown HR2 0NZ Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – Proposed track. Noted
111/18 GRANTS, REFUSALS & APPEALS
The following grants and appeal were noted:
183226 Blackhill Farm, Craswall, HR2 0PH Proposed muck store Approved and appealwith conditions
183273 Upper Ponthendre Barn, Longtown, HR2 0LT Single storey rear annex extension Approved with conditions
183764 Lower Ponthendre Barn, Longtown, , HR2 0NY Proposed overhead electricity line upgrade No objection
184172 Cym Steps, Craswall, Hereford HR2 0PJ Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed road. Prior approval not required.
184190 Great Hunt House, Walterstone, HR2 0DZ Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development- proposed building Prior approval not required.
183977 Bryngwyn Bungalow, Greidol Farm, Walterstone, HR2 0DZ Proposed single storey extension to existing dormer bungalow. Approved with conditions.
Appeal dismissed: Land Lying South of High House, Llanveynoe, Longtown, Herefordshire (174671)
(Retrospective – Material change of use of siting of caravans with associated roof canopy and timber screening)
112/18 FINANCES & POLICY
Cheque Payee Item Gross
100754 Mrs R Russell Clerk Salary Sept-Dec 18 £1,303.68
100754 Mrs R Russell Mileage Sept-Dec 18 £37.50
100754 Mrs R Russell Office Sept-Dec 18 £60.00
100754 Mrs R Russell Stamps/Stationery £4.56
100755 Dore Community Transport Grant £180.00
100756 Mark Price Lengthsman £424.00
100757 Craswall Village Hall Grant £600.00
100758 Walterstone Village Hall Grant £600.00
100759 Longtown Village Hall Grant £600.00
The following update was received regarding the works undertaken by the Lengthsman:
• The Lengthsman had undertaken four days of work in the Parish. The work had been of a high standard and a number of compliments had been received from residents;
• There had been a number of issues raised regarding the filling of grit bins. It was agreed to purchase a palate of salt and to store it at the Lengthsman’s yard. He would then fill those bins that were owned and managed by the Parish Council;
• The Lengthsman would be in the Group Parish once a week until March 2019 to catch up with outstanding work. Cllr Cecil was overseeing the deployment of the Lengthsman and inspecting the works following completion.
This matter had been considered under Minute 108/18. It was agreed that a member of the Council would attend a meeting with the Director of Highways & Transport, Herefordshire Council.
The following Correspondence was noted:
• Locality Steward Weekly Briefings –January 2019
• Herefordshire Transport Package Consultation
• Herefordshire Council, Road Closures January 2019 – Update to programme
• Herefordshire Rural Hub January 2019 newsletter
• Police Newsletter – January 2019
• HALC Information Corner December 2018
• Cabinet Update – December 2018
• Parish Council Summit – Thursday 24th January 2019
• Symposium on Social Care in Herefordshire and its wider context to be held at the Shirehall, Hereford On Friday, January 25th 2019 1:00 light refreshments before a 1:45pm start
• Wednesday 20th February 2019 at 7:30pm;
• Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 7:30pm (Craswall & Llanveynoe APM, Craswall VH);
• Wednesday 17th April 2019 at 8:00pm (Walterstone APM);
• Wednesday 15th May 2019 at 8:00pm (Longtown APM and Annual Parish Council Meeting and first after election);
• Wednesday 19th June 2019 at 8:00pm;
• Wednesday 17th July 2019 at 8:00pm;
• Wednesday 18th September 2019 at 8:00pm;
• Wednesday 16th October 2019 at 8:00pm;
• Wednesday 20th November 2019 at 7:30pm (Budget meeting);