LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP (SG)
Friday 24 July 2015 at the Crown Inn Longtown at 8pm
1. Present: Diana Palmer, Pamela Tribe, Jim Hardy, Richard Stein, David Freeman, Julie Jones Martin Jones.
2. Apologies: Polly Waddington.
3. The minutes of the 3 July meeting were agreed and signed.
4. There were no declarations of interest.
5. Social media update: JJ said that the page name (Longtown Parish Community) needed to be changed to reflect the constituency of the Longtown Group of Parishes and she would discuss with PW ways to update this and also discuss ways of linking Facebook and Twitter to the Parish Group website.
6. Local briefings: PT has contacted the Craswall YF and will arrange a meeting. JJ offered to help with this. PT is also going to talk to the Thursday Club on 6 August. JJ and DP will arrange to visit the Ewyas Harold and Longtown schools.
7. The questionnaire: JJ collated and distributed copies of the draft question themes arising from parishioners’ suggestions and these were discussed in detail by the meeting. It was decided that JJ would distribute the results of the discussion to the Group, including CG. CG would be invited to attend the next meeting with his version of the draft questionnaire. The date of the next meeting would therefore depend on CG’s availability.
8. During the discussion it was noted that the Dorstone questionnaire contained questions that are relevant, not just to the NP but also to the Group Parish Council and it was decided that the attention of the Council should be drawn to these questions.
9. Next meeting: DF is to contact CG and discuss possible dates for the next meeting (see para 8 above). DF will then circulate these to SG members in order to decide on a date.
10. The meeting closed at 9.50pm.