LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
TO: ALL MEMBERS OF LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL: Councillors Cecil (Chair), Hardy (Vice Chair), Hope, Palmer, Powell, Probert, Tribe, G Watkins and L Watkins. (One Vacancy)
NOTICE OF MEETING
You are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Longtown Group Parish Council to be held on Wednesday 20th March 2019 at 7.30pm in Craswall Village Hall, Craswall, Hereford HR2 0PH.
Plans and correspondence can be seen from 7.15pm.
Clerk to the Council
- APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
- DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION
- ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – To approve the minutes of the meeting held on 20th February 2019.
- OPEN FORUM – For local residents to raise local matters.
- POLICE – To receive an update from the Police, if available.
- WARD COUNCILLOR – To receive an update from the Ward Councillor, if available.
- PLANNING APPLICATIONS
|190285||Llandraw Farm, Craswall, Hereford HR2 0PW||Proposed non material amendment to planning permission 181564 (To establish the domestic curtilage of the site at Llandraw Farm and the proposed refurbishment of and extension of the existing farmhouse) To change the following roof lights: on the ground floor family room from a plateau to a roof lantern on the flat roof between the existing and proposed gable to change the plateau rooflight above the stairwell to a roof lantern. To add two additional windows to the kitchen.|
|190470||Tyn Y Berth, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0NZ||Proposed track|
|190471||Old House Barn, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0LL||Proposed detached double garage with attached store.|
|190472||Old House Barn, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0LL||Listed Building Consent: Proposed detached double garage with attached store.|
- GRANTS, REFUSALS & APPEALS
|183230||Olchon Mill (formerly Lower Turant Farm), Brass Knoll Road Longtown HR2 0NS||Proposed muck store.||Approved with condition|
|183609||Proberts Farm, Hill Lane, Craswall||Proposed retention of barn as built and proposed construction of woodburning stove chimney to enclosed shelter area.||Refused|
|Birches Farm, Cusop, Craswall, Hereford HR3 5RN||Proposed siting of two timber self-catering holiday cabins, ancillary play area and path.||Approved with condition|
- FINANCES & POLICY
(a) Payment of Accounts – A list of accounts for approval relating to March 2019 will be presented at the meeting.
(b) Llanveynoe Telephone Box – To receive an update following the agreement to commission.
(c) Maintenance of the Defibrillator – To consider the maintenance of the defibrillator.
- LENGTHSMAN WORKS
- To receive an update on works undertaken by the Lengthsman. Further work has been undertaken in Longtown and Llanveynoe.
- Sign, Blackhill Picnic Area – Council has been informed that additional signage would need to be obtained via the new commissioning model and paid for by the Parish Council.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN UPDATE – To receive an update following the NDP Regulation 14 consultation.
- PARKING AT LONGTOWN SCHOOL
To note the proposals developed following the meeting with Herefordshire Council and the Safer Roads Partnership.
- PARISH NOTICE BOARDS – To receive an update on the agreed renovations for the Longtown notice board.
- LONGTOWN VILLAGE HALL – To receive an update regarding the initiative to create a play area to the rear of the Village Hall.
- NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET
The following correspondence has been received:
- Locality Steward Weekly Briefings – March 2019
- Herefordshire Council, Road Closures March 2019 – Update to programme
- Herefordshire Rural Hub March 2019 newsletter
- Police Newsletter – March 2019
- Cabinet Update – March 2018
- HALC Information Corner – March 2019
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING – To note that the next meeting would be held on Wednesday 17th April 2019 at Walterstone Village Hall. The Walterstone Annual Parish Meeting would commence at 7:30pm following by the Full Council meeting.
LONGTO LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of the Longtown Group Parish Council Meeting held at the Longtown Village Hall, Longtown HR2 0LD on Wednesday 20th February 2019 commencing at 7:30pm.
MEMBERS PRESENT: Councillors Cecil (Chair), Hope, Palmer, Powell, Tribe, G Watkins and L Watkins.
ALSO PRESENT: Paul Russell, Clerk to the Council.
120/18 APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Apologies were received and accepted from Cllr Hardy and Probert.
121/18 VACANCY FOR PARISH COUNCILLOR
Council noted that at present no one had come forward to be considered for co-option.
122/18 DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST AND APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION – No dispensations requests had been received. No Declarations of Interest were made.
123/18 ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – It was RESOLVED that the Minutes of the Council Meeting held on 16th January 2019 be agreed and signed as a correct record.
124/18 OPEN FORUM – There were no members of the public present.
125/18 POLICE – Apologies had been received from the Police. No issues were raised.
126/18 WARD COUNCILLOR – Apologies were received from Cllr Jinman. His written report was noted:
- Herefordshire Council had adopted its budget. An additional £2 million had enabled some additional funding for rural transport and some possible Lengthsman funding to be provided;
- The increase would be 4.9% and the Government Revenue Support Grant would virtually disappear;
- Planning application P183609 had been refused.
127/18 PLANNING APPLICATIONS
It was agreed to submit the following responses:
|190090||Court Farm, Craswall, Hereford, Herefordshire, HR2 0PX||Listed Building Consent: Proposed concrete underpinning and foundations.||No objection|
|190009||Tyn Y Berth, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0NZ||Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed road. See Grants.||Noted|
|190561||Sheep Shed, Coalbrook Lane, Longtown, Hereford||Notification of a proposed change of use of an agricultural building to a dwelling house (Class C3) – alterations to a steel portal frame and blockwork wall construction agricultural building to create one residential dwelling.||Noted|
128/18 GRANTS, REFUSALS & APPEALS
The following grants were noted:
|190009||Tyn Y Berth, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0NZ||Prior notification of agricultural or forestry development – proposed road.||Planning permission required|
|184350||High View, Longtown, Hereford, HR2 0LU||Proposed steel portal framed agricultural building.||Approved|
129/18 FINANCES & POLICY
(a) Payment of Accounts – Council RESOLVED to approve the payment of the following accounts relating to February 2019:
|Microshade VSM||Internal Audit||£75.00||£15.00||£90.00|
(b) Llanveynoe Telephone Box – Noted that due to the poor condition of the telephone box the defibrillator would be located at Craswall Parish Church.
(c) Maintenance of the Defibrillator – Noted that the defibrillators were going to be registered with the West Midlands Ambulance Service. A further update would be provided at the next meeting.
130/18 LENGTHSMAN WORKS
Noted that a pallet of grit had been ordered and delivered. The Lengthsman was currently recovering from an accident. It was agreed that further work be carried out in Llanveynoe.
131/18 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN UPDATE – Noted that the NDP was currently undergoing its Regulation 14 consultation. The closing date for the consultation was 6th March 2019.
132/18 PARKING AT LONGTOWN SCHOOL
Noted that a meeting had been arranged with the Safer Roads Team to review options available. The meeting would take place on Wednesday 27th February 2019 at 10am.
133/18 PARISH NOTICE BOARDS – Noted that the work required to renovate the Longtown notice board was still outstanding.
134/18 LONGTOWN VILLAGE HALL – Noted that no further update had been received regarding the initiative to create a play area to the rear of the Village Hall.
135/18 NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET
The following correspondence received was noted:
- Locality Steward Weekly Briefings – February 2019
- Herefordshire Council, Road Closures February 2019 – Update to programme
- Herefordshire Rural Hub February 2019 newsletter
- Police Newsletter – February 2019
- Cabinet Update – February 2018
- HALC Information Corner/Code of Conduct February 2019
136/18 DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Noted that the next meeting would be held on Wednesday 20th March 2019 at Craswall Village Hall. The Craswall & Llanveynoe Annual Parish Meeting would commence at 7:30pm following by the Full Council meeting.
There being no other business the Chair thanked members for their attendance and closed the meeting at 8:33pm.