LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of the Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 15th April 2015 at 8.00pm in Walterstone Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr N Cowles (Chairman), Ms J Jones, Ms D Palmer, Mr J Hardy, Mrs P Tribe, Mr D Freeman and Mr N Powell.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk).
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Miss R Goodwin, Mrs L Watkins, PSCO Fiona Witcher and Ward Councillor Powell.
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – Mr N Cowles declared a non-disclosable pecuniary interest in agenda item 7.1; the declarations book was signed accordingly.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS ORDINARY MEETING AND CRASWALL & LLANVEYNOE PARISH MEETING – 18th March 2015 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION – No members of the public attended the meeting and therefore no specific points were raised.
5.1 Ward Councillor Graham Powell – Councillor Powell’s report had been distributed to Councillors by email before the meeting and was summarised by the Clerk, which included:-
Herefordshire Core Strategy
A465 Temporary Speed Limits
Planning – Wind Turbine – Wernagavenny, Michaelchurch Escley and Agricultural Barn, Llanveynoe
A full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
5.2 Local Police – The Police were unable to attend the meeting.
5.3 Lengthsman – The Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting.
6. CLERKS UPDATE
Planning application no. 143645, Allt yr Ynys, Walterstone has been granted.
The Lengthsman has invoiced all works for 2014/15 to enable the accounts to be closed although some of the works are still to be completed in the coming weeks. There had been an under spend of £412.60 on Lengthsman expenditure.
The Clerk had received a phone call regarding the stone work at the river bridge near Middle Ponthendre, the defect has been reported to the Locality Steward.
All Parish Councillors have completed a nomination form for the 2015 election, although Ruth Pritchard has decided not to stand for the Parish Council again.
The planning details for a Wind Turbine at Wernagavenny were given to Parish Councillors for them to make any comments via the Herefordshire Council website. The Clerk also gave an update on correspondence between Ward Councillor Powell and Simon Wither regarding the agricultural barn at Upper Cwm Farm, Llanveynoe.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING PERMISSION
Site: Wernwen, Ty Cradoc, Shawls Road, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PP
Description: Proposed outdoor riding arena.
Application No: 150585 Grid Ref: 330765:232976
7.2 PLANNING PERMISSION
Site: Cwmbologue Farm, Dulas, Herefordshire. HR2 0HW
Description: Proposed workshop and farm machinery and material store for mainly
agricultural use as well as area for craft wood working.
Application No: 150665 Grid Ref: 335017:229726
7.3 PLANNING PERMISSION
Site: Cwm Farm, Clodock, Longtown, Herefordshire.
Description: Change of use of agricultural barn into residential dwelling (part retrospective).
Application No: 143748 Grid Ref: 331634:226554
7.4 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: Lower House Farm, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0NZ
Description: Proposed change of use and conversion of existing attached barn to
form an extension to existing farmhouse. Single Storey extension to
replace lean-to shed.
Application No: 150319 Grid Ref: 332440:227346
8.1 Updated confirmation of bank balance – £8,274.15 Statement Sheet No. 188 issued 10th April 2015.
8.2 Receipts – VAT refund of £452.80.
8.3 Payment to HALC, invoice no. 4186 for 9th edition of Local Council Administration book of £56.25 – Payment Agreed.
8.4 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1187, March 2015 Road Account (1) of £275.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.5 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1188, March 2015 Road Account (2) of £275.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.6 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1206, March 2015 Road Account (3) of £450.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.7 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1207, March 2015 Road Account (4) of £300.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.8 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1208, March 2015 Special Task of £500.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.9 Payment of PAYE October 2014 – March 2015 of £76.40 – Payment Agreed.
8.10 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for March 2015 Clerk’s hours of £239.65 – Payment Agreed.
8.11 Appointment of Internal Auditor for year end March 2015 – It was agreed to appoint Golden Valley Accounting as the Internal Auditor.
9. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – The Steering Group had met on 10th April 2015 and received a presentation and quote from Chris Gooding at Data Orchard. They are a ‘not for profit’ organisation based locally who help communities to help themselves in developing expertise and working toward completing a Neighbourhood Plan; their quote was for £6460 as opposed to £7080 from Kirkwells. It was agreed by the Parish Council to hire Data Orchard to assist with the plan.
Chris Gooding gave several pieces of advice on how each Parish meeting should be run and it was agreed to operate each meeting on a less formal basis, with a meet & greet, formal presentation and break away sessions to enable Parishioners to ask questions and write down their ideas. He also suggested hand delivering any questionnaires as this would produce a much greater response rate. The Parish Council needs volunteers from Longtown to deliver the many questionnaires in that parish.
Halls have been booked for a meeting in Craswall on 18th May, Walterstone on 19th May and Longtown on 21st May. It was agreed to invite Samantha Banks from Herefordshire Council’s Neighbourhood Planning team to the Longtown meeting on 21st May.
As there was a need to show the Inspector that effort had been made to contact all Parishioners, Mr Freeman had obtained a quote from Royal Mail of £500 plus VAT to distribute flyers to every household within the group parish advertising the meetings. After much discussion it was agreed by the Parish Council that the flyers would be sent via the Clerk by post. Any additional Clerk’s hours working on the Neighbourhood Plan would be funded by the Parish Council.
The design of the flyers was agreed along with the cost of printing. The Clerk would check household numbers and advise Diana Palmer of the numbers of flyers required. Opening a Twitter or Facebook account was also suggested.
The next Steering Group meeting will be on Friday 1st May at 7.30pm in Longtown Village Hall.
Mr Freeman, Mrs Tribe and the Clerk had met with Dave Tristram and Samantha Banks from Herefordshire Council on Wednesday 15th April and had been assured that grant funding was available and would be for the next three years. The Parish Council were already guaranteed £2500 from the Front Runner fund and the Clerk will work with Dave Tristram to obtain a further grant for additional funding of up to £8000.
10. DEFIBRILLATOR – The Clerk had been unable to contact WMAS and would report at the May meeting.
11. REPORT NEW ROAD DEFECTS – Subsidence at Court Lane, Walterstone (U74412) below the church. Potholes on U75007 near Cefn Cottage, Llanveynoe. Surface water on C1203 in Craswall near U75013.
12. MAY NEWSLETTER ARTICLE –Neighbourhood Plan information and poster.
13. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
14. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – Neighbourhood Plan, Defibrillator and Agricultural Barn at Upper Cwm Farm, Llanveynoe.
The Chairman declared the meeting closed at 9.10pm