LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of the Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 15th July 2015 at 8.00pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr N Cowles (Chairman), Mr P Hope, Mr N Powell, Mr D Freeman, Mrs P Tribe, Ms D Palmer and Mr J Hardy.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk).
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Ward Councillor Graham Powell and Mr T Griffiths (Lengthsman).
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS ORDINARY MEETING – 17th June 2015 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION – No members of the public attended the meeting and therefore no specific points were raised.
5.1 Ward Councillor Graham Powell – Councillor Powell’s report had been distributed to Councillors by email before the meeting and was summarised by the Clerk, which included:-
Herefordshire Core Strategy
Hereford Butter Market
Council Tax Reduction Scheme
Council Tax Consultation 2016/17
Combined Hereford Fire & Police Station
Mobile Infrastructure Project
A full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
Councillor Powell had also advised the Clerk that Mr Simon Wither; the Planning Officer dealing with the Parish Councils query at Upper Cwm Farm, Llanveynoe was currently on sick leave and the case was now being handled by Mr Kevin Bishop.
5.2 Local Police – The Police were unable to attend the meeting.
5.3 Lengthsman – Terry Griffiths was unable to attend the meeting but had advised the Clerk he would be working on extensive ditch work on the Mountain Road in the coming weeks.
6. CLERKS UPDATE – Planning Permission 150665, Cwmbologue Farm, Dulas has been granted.
Parish Councillors were reminded of Herefordshire Council’s Budget Consultation to be held on 22nd July at 6.30pm in Shire Hall, Hereford.
A main modification to the Core Strategy concerning Renewable & Low Carbon Energy was now out for consultation, all comments to be submitted by 10th August 2015.
The Neighbourhood Planning grant of £4408 has been approved and will be in the bank account within the next few days.
There has been no request for an election to fill the Craswall Councillor vacancy; therefore the Parish Council can now Co-Opt a member.
Herefordshire Citizen Advice Bureaux has requested a grant from the Parish Council.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Court Farm, Craswall Herefordshire. HR2 0PX
Description: Proposed conservation works to cart shed including natural stone tile roof.
Application No: 151639 Grid Ref: 328239:236702
7.2 PLANNING APPLICATION WITHDRAWN
Site: Penydre Cottage, Longtown. Herefordshire. HR2 0LE
Description: Proposed renovation and extension of existing cottage.
Application No: 151469 Grid Ref: 332078:228998
7.3 PLANNING APPLICATION WITHDRAWN
Site: Cwm Farm, Clodock, Longtown, Herefordshire.
Description: Change of use of agricultural barn into residential dwelling (part retrospective).
Application No: 143748 Grid Ref: 331634:226554
8.1 Updated bank balance as per statement number 191 dated 10th July 2015 is £4552.36.
8.2 Receipts – None.
8.3 Payment to Golden Valley Accountancy, invoice no. 12131, Internal Audit of £240.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.4 Payment to Longtown Village Hall, Additional meetings of £30.00 – Payment Agreed.
8.5 Payment to Information Commissioners Office for Data Protection of £35.00 – Payment Agreed.
8.6 Payment of PAYE April 2015 – June 2015 of £167.20 – Payment Agreed.
8.7 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for June 2015 Clerk’s hours plus £15.12 expenses (stamps) – Payment Agreed.
8.8 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for Neighbourhood Planning Administration of £59.40 – Payment Agreed.
9. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – The Steering Group held their last meeting on 9th July. Julie Jones has collated all the questions received from the Parish information evenings and various jobs have now been divided between Steering Group members. Mr Freeman has recently met with Chris Gooding from Data Orchard to draft a Project Plan. The next meeting will be held on Friday 24th July when the group will consider Parishioners comments again and forward details to Data Orchard to enable them to begin compiling the questionnaire.
10. DEFIBRILLATOR – The Defibrillator should be installed at The Crown, Longtown within the next few weeks. Richard Baker has kindly offered to run a training session on how to use the equipment. It was agreed that it would advertised locally in the magazine, notice boards and on the website to see if anybody is interested in the training. Philip Hope will also ask Hanneke Van Der Werf and the Clerk will contact Sheila Watkins.
11. SOCIAL MEDIA – Polly Hearsey along with the Clerk has now set up the community Facebook and Twitter pages. They are both in the early stages of development and can be viewed at. Facebook – Longtown Parish Community. Twitter – @LongtownGroup
12. PARISH COUNCIL WEBSITE – The Clerk is still waiting for a response from ParishCouncil.net regarding updating the website. The Clerk confirmed to Mr Hardy that there was a Neighbourhood Plan section on the website although it hadn’t been updated since the Parish meetings in May. It was agreed that Mrs Tribe and Ms Palmer would write a piece to be included in this section and the Clerk would include the Agenda and Minutes from the Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group meetings. There will be a further update from the Clerk at the next parish Council meeting.
13. PARISH COUNCIL MEETING TIMES – The Parish Council meetings currently start at 7.30pm in the winter and 8.00pm in the summer. The Parish Council considered whether all future Ordinary Parish Council meetings should begin at 7.30pm, if there should be a time limit set or whether the Parish Council should in fact meet once a month? It was agreed to defer any decisions to the next meeting although it was proposed by Mr D Freeman and seconded by Mrs P Tribe that there should not be an Ordinary Parish Council meeting in August; this was agreed by a majority vote.
14. REPORT NEW ROAD DEFECTS –U75004, pothole near junction with C1203.
15. AUGUST NEWSLETTER ARTICLE –Defibrillator training, Parish Councillor vacancies and no Ordinary Parish Council meeting in August.
16. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
17. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – 16th September 2015, 8.00pm. at Longtown Village Hall – Parish meeting dates and times.
The Chairman declared the meeting closed at 2040