LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 16TH April 2014 at 8.00pm in Walterstone Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr D Freeman, Mrs L Watkins, Mrs J Probert and Mr J Hardy.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk) and PCSO Fiona Witcher.
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mr N Cowles, Ms D Palmer, Mrs P Tribe, Miss R Goodwin and Mr G Powell.
In the absence of a Chairman or Vice-Chairman, Mr D Freeman was proposed by Mrs L Watkins to take the Chair which was seconded by Mrs J Probert.
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS – 19th March 2014. The minutes of both the Craswall & Llanveynoe Annual meeting and the Longtown Group Parish Council meeting were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. POLICE REPORT
PCSO Witcher distributed the latest Police Briefing and reminded Councillors that they were available to receive via email.
Crime in general has been quiet in the area although there has been a spate of burglaries in Craswall and incidents of sheep worrying in the Longtown area, the general public continue to report suspicious vehicles within the parish. At present the Police Station will remain open in Peterchurch.
5. RECEIVE REPORT FROM HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL – Councillor Graham Powell was absent from the meeting although his report, read by the Clerk included:-
Subsidised Bus Network – Reminder
Bath Street, Hereford Site
New Retail & Leisure Development
Village Warden Scheme
A full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
6. CLERKS UPDATE
The Clerk reminded Councillors of their responsibility to notify the Monitoring Officer of any disclosable pecuniary interests; Herefordshire Council will be holding a Code of Conduct event on 10th June 2014 (details to follow).
The appeal of planning permission 130428/F, Land at Old Shawls Farm, Craswall will be heard on Wednesday 23rd April in Hereford.
Balfour Beatty will be holding a parish briefing on 23rd and 24th April if Councillors would like to attend. There is also an invitation for Councillors to meet with the Leader and Chief Executive of Herefordshire Council on 13th May.
Confirmation of the Lengthsman payment for 2014/15 has been confirmed and will remain the same as 2013/14.
Prices had been obtained by the Clerk for a dog waste bin as requested. This has been quoted as £303.91 plus VAT with a servicing charge of £85.35 per occasion, it was agreed to defer this decision to the next meeting in May.
Councillors requested that the Clerk update the Parish Council website and include a ‘link’ to Herefordshire Councils planning applications website.
7. OPEN DISCUSSION – None.
8. CONSIDER PLANNING
8.1 PLANNING PERMISSION APPLICATION
Site: Ferns Barn, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2
Description: Proposed barn conversion
Application No: P133461/L Grid Ref: 330680:231275
8.2 PLANNING PERMISSION APPLICATION
Site: 4 Penbailey, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0LF
Description: Proposed conservatory to rear.
Application No: P140695/FH Grid Ref: 332087:229405
8.3 PLANNING PERMISSION APPEAL
Site: Cwm Steps Farm, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PJ
Description: New layby and turning area
Appeal No: 131045/F
NO ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
8.4 PLANNING PERMISSION WITHDRAWN
Site: Former dwelling adjacent to St Beunos Church, Olchon Valley Road
Llanveynoe, Longtown. HR2 0NQ
Description: Construction of 2 storey agricultural/forestry dwelling with associated
vehicle access, parking areas and detached single storey garage/farm store
incorporating disabled WC for St Beunos Church
Application No: P132646/F Grid Ref: 330356:231352
8.5 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: 5 Penbailey, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0LF
Description: Insertion of first floor window in flank wall of rear projection.
Application No: P140382/FH Grid Ref: 332092:229392
9.1 The Lengthsmans invoice – No invoice received.
9.2 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for March 2014 Clerk’s hours of £217.45 – Payment Agreed.
9.3 Payment of PAYE January – March 2014 of £138.00 – Payment Agreed.
9.4 Payment to Parishcouncil.net of £100.00 for website hosting & support 2014/15 – Payment Agreed.
9.5 Appointment of Internal Auditor for year end March 2014 – Appointment of GV Accounting agreed.
10. CHAIRMAN VACANCY – Deferred to the Annual Parish meeting in May
11. REVIEW CLERKS SALARY – Deferred to the Parish meeting in May, although it was agreed that any wage increase would be back dated to 1st April 2014.
12. OFFICE PRINTER – The Clerk reported that the Parish Council printer had broken, it was agreed that any cost of repair would out way the cost of a replacement, it was therefore agreed that the Clerk could purchase a new printer.
13. REPORT ROAD DEFECTS – Defects were reported near Chapel Farm, High House, Olchon Court and Holly Bush in Llanveynoe, near Perth Y Perton in Longtown, the Longtown to Llanveynoe road along with problems on the Mountain Road.
14. MAY NEWSLETTER ARTICLE – Chairman’s resignation, Councillor Vacancies and details of the Annual Parish meeting.
15. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
16. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – Elect Chairman, Clerks salary, Dog waste bin and Neighbourhood Plan.