LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 17th December 2014 at 7.30pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr J Hardy (Vice-Chairman), Mr P Hope, Mr D Freeman, Mrs P Tribe, Ms D Palmer and Mr N Powell.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk) and Mr T Griffiths (Lengthsman).
In the absence of the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman, Mr J Hardy took the Chair.
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mr N Cowles (Chairman), Mrs L Watkins and Ward Councillor Graham Powell.
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – Mr P Hope declared a non-disclosable pecuniary interest in agenda item 7.2; the declarations book was signed accordingly.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – 19th November 2014 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION – No members of the public attended the meeting and therefore no specific points were raised.
5.1 Ward Councillor Graham Powell – Councillor Powell’s report was read by the Clerk, which included:-
Southern Link Road
Wellbeing Innovation Fund
Councillor Powell also sent his best wishes for a Happy Christmas and New Year.
It was agreed that in future the Clerk would email copies of Mr Powell’s report to Councillors.
5.2 Local Police – The Police were unable to attend the meeting.
5.3 Lengthsman – Parish Councillors had received the Lengthsman’s worksheets for November and December which indicated that additional works needed to be completed on the U72008 near Little Trewern, the Lengthsman has quoted £520 plus VAT to complete the job. It was proposed by Mr P Hope to accept the quote which was seconded by Mr Freeman.
Terry reported that he had now inspected the majority of minor roads and they should all be done by the end of January although he was still getting to know the area. Terry stressed again that it was important it get help through local knowledge and that he would try to schedule work days in to enable Parish Councillors to know when he would be in the area.
Terry was asked to look at blocked culverts on the Mountain Road (an area which he had not yet visited) and surface water at the end of Cwm Lane, Clodock.
It was thought that the new Lengthsman programme would be approved by Herefordshire Council and that there is a possibility that B roads will be taken out of the Lengthsman remit after April 2015.
The Parish Council suggested that Terry should drive around the area on a wet day when problems with surface water are more visible; Terry also confirmed that he was available to visit at short notice.
Concerns were raised over lack of communication with the Locality Steward; the Clerk would speak to Graham Powell over this issue.
6. CLERKS UPDATE
A Neighbourhood Plan questionnaire has been received from Herefordshire Council, It was agreed that Mr Freeman would complete.
A letter of thanks had been received from Dore Community Transport for the Parish Council’s donation.
Mr Powell and Ms Palmer also thanked the Parish Council for the donations to Craswall and Walterstone village halls.
Herefordshire Council’s planning department had forwarded a letter from a local resident expressing their concerns over the removal of the telephone box at Llanveynoe. The contents of the letter were noted and the Clerk had responded to the resident with an acknowledgment.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING PERMISSION
Site: Old Forest Mill, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PW
Description: Proposed construction of car port and separate workshop
Application No: P142802/FH Grid Ref: 329504:234285
7.2 PLANNING PERMISSION & LISTED BUILDING CONSENT
Site: Barn at Lower Ponthendre, Longtown, Herefordshire
Description: Proposed conversion, alteration and refurbishment of the existing stone
agricultural farm complex to two dwellings
Application No: P143474/F & P143475/L Grid Ref: 332662:227989
7.3 PLANNING PERMISSION WITHDRAWN
Site: Wernwen, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PP
Description: Propose to remove existing building, excavate and replace building
Application No: P143358/S Grid Ref: 330787:232987
8.1 Bank balance as per statement number 181 dated 10th November 2014 is £11006.09. It was noted that the December Statement not been received in time to include in the agenda.
The option of opening a bank account which offered a higher interest rate was discussed. It was agreed that the Clerk would obtain any relevant information.
8.2 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for November 2014 Clerk’s hours of £218.85 plus £6.00 paper and £30.71 Ink Cartridge – Payment Agreed.
9. UPDATE FROM NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN STEERING GROUP MEETING
Mr Freeman reported that the latest meeting had been very productive. Funding was still an issue along with encouraging members of the public with relevant experience to join the group. A couple of people had recently expressed an interest and it has been agreed to approach several others and hold an initial meeting in January to enable the group to identify particular business needs. A provisional outline plan had been agreed and it was hoped that launch meetings in each parish could be held in the Spring. The Steering Group was short of representatives from Longtown; these were needed to lead the launch meeting along with the possibility of attending training days. Mr Hope offered to help and would liaise with Mrs Probert with the intention of them representing the area together. It had been agreed that Mr Freeman would obtain an additional quote from a consultancy firm other than Kirkwells.
10. MEETING DATES FOR 2015 – The meeting dates for 2015 were approved.
11. DOG WASTE SIGNS – The Clerk advised that Balfour Beatty would not provide dog fouling signs. A quote had been received for £20 for two signs stating ‘Please do not allow your dog to foul this area’. The dog warden had also advised to include ‘by order of the Parish Council’. It was proposed by Mr Hardy to purchase 4 signs which was seconded by Mr Hope.
12. REPORT NEW ROAD DEFECTS – Pot Holes on U75007 beyond Highfield House. Water collecting on the road near Cwm Lane, Clodock (request the Lengthsman to visit). Mr Powell requested that the section of road on the C1203 which still needed to be resurfaced should be more clearly marked. The Clerk will contact the Locality Steward.
13. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
14. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – None at present.