LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 18th June 2014 at 8.00pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr N Cowles (Chairman), Ms J Jones, Mrs P Tribe, Mr D Freeman, Mr J Hardy and Mrs L Watkins.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mr G Powell (Ward Councillor), Mrs L Cowles (Clerk) and one member of the public.
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs R Pritchard, Mr N Powell, Mrs J Probert and PCSO Fiona Whitcher.
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of Interest.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS – 21st May 2014. The minutes of the Longtown Group Annual Parish meeting, Longtown Annual Parish meeting and the Longtown Group Parish meeting were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. RECEIVE REPORT FROM HEREFORDSHIRE COUNCIL – Councillor Powell’s report included:-
General Waste Collection
Balfour Beatty & Grass Cutting
Superfast Broadband & Mobile
A full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
5. CLERKS UPDATE
The Flooding Grants deadline has been extended until 20th June 2014.
The Clerk has contacted Herefordshire Council who have confirmed that they will empty, free of charge any Dog waste bins.
Correspondence had been received from a local resident regarding road conditions in Llanveynoe, the contents of which were duly noted.
The next Village Hall committee meeting is in July, when they will respond to the Parish Council letter regarding the usage of the field next to the village hall.
Every household in Herefordshire will receive a leaflet through their door w/c 16/06/14 regarding alternate weekly refuse collections.
There are Neighbourhood Planning training sessions on 3rd and 10th July.
A request has been received from The Black Mountains Group Newsletter requesting a donation. – The Parish Council agreed to donate £70.00 along with £10.00 to the Salem Chapel Newsletter although the Clerk would contact Ruth Pritchard to confirm that this was still running.
Still await a response from Mark Lane regarding the Planning Appeal at Cwm Steps, Craswall.
6. OPEN DISCUSSION – Mrs Tribe had received correspondence from the Lewis, Gilbert & Thomas George Charity with concerns over the condition of stiles on some local footpaths. As Footpaths Officer; Mr Freeman will follow this up.
Ms Julie Jones confirmed that she would be happy to continue as Footpaths Officer covering Llanveynoe.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 CHANGE OF USE NOTIFICATION
Site: Land at Stone Barn, Mynydd-Ferddin Farm, Rowlestone, Herefordshire.
Description: Prior approval for a proposed change of use of an agricultural building
to two dwelling houses (Use Class C3) and for associated operational
Application No: P141282/CU Grid Ref: 335231:228667
NO RESPONSE NEEDED TO THIS COMMUNICATION
8.1 Payment of the Lengthsmans invoice TGC985 May 2014 Road Account 1 of £270.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.2 Payment of the Lengthsmans invoice TGC986 May 2014 Road Account 2 of £265.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.3 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for May 2014 Clerk’s hours of £226.85 and £8.74 Stationery – Payment Agreed.
8.4 Payment of HALC invoice 4076 of £348.86 plus VAT, Affiliation & Subscription fees – Payment Agreed.
9. GRASS CUTTING CONTRIBUTION –Longtown Village Pride had requested a donation towards grass cutting on Castle Green, Longtown. Mrs L Watkins proposed a donation of £150.00, which was seconded by Mrs P Tribe. This was agreed by a majority vote.
10. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – After the Sub-Committee meeting held on 13th June it was agreed that Mr Cowles would contact Kirkwells concerning help with developing the Neighbourhood Plan and their costs. Miss Goodwin would request information from Dorstone Parish Council concerning their recent leaflet drop. It was also re-confirmed that the Post Office would charge approximately £500 to distribute any leaflets within the Parish.
11. DOG WASTE BIN – Defer to July meeting.
Ms D Palmer joined the meeting.
12. FINANCES 2014/15 – The Clerk had received correspondence with suggestions of spending some funds on Longtown Village Hall; which included re-surfacing the car park, donating to the new kitchen and provision for a phone line. The Parish Council agreed that it would be difficult to donate to one village hall without involving the others and a donation of £300.00 per hall had already been sent this year. It was agreed that any surplus funds would be best spent on maintaining ditches, culverts and hedges. It was agreed that the Clerk would invite Terry Griffiths; the new Lengthsman to the July meeting.
13. AUGUST PARISH COUNCIL MEETING – The Clerk will be away when notices and agenda’s need to be sent for the August meeting. The Clerk suggested moving the meeting or employing a temporary Clerk to cover, the alternative would be to cancel the meeting. It was unanimously agreed to cancel the August meeting.
14. PARISH COUNCILLOR CONTACTS – As more and more correspondence is being received via email, some of which would be useful to Parish Councillors between each meeting, the Clerk requested email addresses from each Councillor to enable any relevant information to be forwarded to them.
15. REPORT NEW ROAD DEFECTS – The Lengthsman is now producing a Defects Sheet each month which can be viewed by Parish Councillors and any works agreed.
Defects were also reported on the U75007 near Highfield House and U75005 at Chapel Farm.
16. JULY NEWSLETTER ARTICLE – New Chairman and Vice-Chairman, Parish Councillor vacancies, dog waste bin location, alternate weekly bin collections and cancelled August Parish Council meeting.
17. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
18. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – 16th July 2014 – Dog waste bin position, Cheque signatory.