LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of the Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on
Wednesday 19th July 2017 at 8.00pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mrs J Cecil (Chair), Mrs G Watkins, Mrs L Watkins and Mr J Hardy.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk) and one member of the public.
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Ms D Palmer, Mrs P Tribe, Mr N Powell and Mrs J Probert.
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST & CONSIDER ANY WRITTEN APPLICATIONS FOR DISPENSATION – There were no declarations of interest or written applications for dispensation.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF THE PREVIOUS ORDINARY MEETING – 21st June 2017 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION – The member of the public present raised concerns regarding planning application no. 172455 over access and water supply. The Parish Council listened and suggested that they contact the planning authority again to reiterate their concerns.
5.1 Local Police – The local police were unable to attend the meeting.
5.2 Lengthsman – The Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting, his report for July 2017 was read to the parish council by the Clerk. Road defects are being reported to Herefordshire Council via the website.
6. CLERKS UPDATE – An application for approval of details reserved by conditions 3 & 4 attached to planning permission 161174 has been received under planning application reference no. 172658. Herefordshire Council are not accepting comments for this application. As requested the Clerk had contacted the Parish Council’s insurance provider who confirmed that the bus shelter in Craswall would be covered under street furniture to a total value of £6265.62, it was agreed that there was no need to increase the cover. The Clerk has been contacted with a request to tender for the Lengthsman contract. They were advised that the Clerk would contact them again when the contract was up for tender in October/November. The new Locality Steward is due to start in a couple of weeks. Graham Powell has now officially resigned and notice of the vacancy has been displayed. The Clerk has received a telephone call from the resident at Glandwr, Llanveynoe regarding a pipe under the U75006 near their property which is in danger of collapsing, this has been reported to the Locality Steward. Correspondence has been received regarding over hanging trees and thickening hedges on the U75014. It was agreed that Mrs G Watkins would visit the area to look at the issues. Correspondence received regarding planning application no.172455. Concerns were discussed with the resident earlier in the meeting. Whilst the Clerk has not used the Parish Council laptop yet she advised that the Word and Excel programmes currently installed ware the basic version and that a grant may be available to upgrade. It was agreed that the Clerk would apply for the grant if possible.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Tan House Farm, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PN
Description: Proposed demolition of garage/store and construction of a single storey
extension to dwelling. Construction of replacement garage/store including
the necessary change of use of agricultural land.
Application No: 172147 Grid Ref: 328571:235268
7.2 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Bramley House, Dulas, Herefordshire. HR2 0HW
Description: Proposed building to be used as a hay/silage barn/implement store.
Application No: 172348 Grid Ref: 335104:229625
7.3 (Part 3) Class Q – PRIOR APPROVAL
Site: Maple Farm, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0LW
Description: Notification for Prior Approval for a Proposed Change of Use of
Agricultural Building to a Dwelling house (Class C3), and for Associated
Operational Development Town and Country Planning (General Permitted
Development) Order 2015 Schedule 2, Part 3, Class Q
Application No: 172455 Grid Ref: 332813:230529
COMMENT – Can agricultural buildings be turned in to residential accommodation without full planning permission?
7.4 AGRICULTURAL AND FORESTRY BUILDINGS AND OPERATIONS – PRIOR APPROVAL IS REQUIRED
Site: The Oaks Farm, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PN
Description: Proposed building.
Application No: 172295 Grid Ref: 328721:234643
7.5 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: The Prill, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0NZ
Description: Proposed adaptations to existing house and new windows to rear elevation
Application No: 171416 Grid Ref: 332336:227061
7.6 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: Charity Farm, Llanveynoe. Herefordshire. HR2 0NF
Description: Retrospective change of use from dwelling (Use Class C3) to a
Holiday letting property (Use Class Sui Generis)
Application No: 171611 Grid Ref: 328925:231031
8.1 Confirmation of bank balance – £5069.33 issued 10th July 2017.
8.2 Receipts – £3944.20 final Lengthsman claim 2016/17
8.3 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC00065 – Roads Account May 2017 (1) of £282.00 plus VAT and invoice no. TGC00080 – Roads Account June 2017 (1) of £382.00 plus VAT – Payment agreed.
8.4 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for July & August 2017 Clerk’s hours – Payment agreed.
8.5 Payment to Chris Haywood Associates, invoice no 3513 of £260.00 for Internal Audit – Payment agreed.
8.6 Payment to Information Commissioner Office of £35.00 for Data Protection Registration Renewal – Payment agreed.
8.7 Payment to Longtown Show of £10 for Longtown Village Show stand – Payment agreed.
8.8 Payment to HMRC of £129.80 for PAYE April 2017 – June 2017 – Payment agreed.
8.9 Financial Working Group Quarterly Report – Mrs G Watkins reported that the spreadsheets and bank statement had been checked at the quarterly meeting and were all in order. Quarterly reports will be sent to all Parish Councillors in future. The Clerk confirmed there was currently £4069.24 in the Business Savings Account.
9 STANDING ORDERS – Amendments were made to the draft Standing Orders to be considered and adopted at the September meeting.
10 DONATIONS – Funds available for donations are lower for this financial year. The Chair suggested that the Parish Council could agree donations now for this financial year and look at any further requests in the next financial year.
With funds available for 2017/18 there is either an option to reduce payments for all or not donate to one of the organisations. Payments suggested by the Finance Working Group were £450.00 to Longtown, Craswall and Walterstone village halls, £180 Dore Community Transport, £60 Parish Newsletter, £130.00 Village Pride and £130 Longtown Library. Mrs L Watkins suggested that the Parish Council should also donate to the Chapel Newsletter as they had done in previous years. It was therefore proposed by Mrs J Cecil that donations should be £450 for each village hall, £180 Dore Community Transport, £60 Parish Newsletter, £10 Chapel Newsletter, £125 Village Pride and £125 Longtown Library. All agreed.
11 NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – No update at present, defer to September meeting.
12 SENDING CORRESPONDENCE TO PARISH COUNCILLORS – Some Parish Councillors do not receive correspondence via email and occasionally miss out on information sent between meetings. The Chair advised that after attending a recent training course it had been suggested that all Parish Councillors should have access to an email provider and receive correspondence this way. It was noted that access to the internet can be slow in this area. This is a difficult issue to resolve and if some Parish Councillors want to receive correspondence by post this should continue.
13 PRESCRIPTION SERVICE – C.A.R.E (Herefordshire) CIC operates Pontrilas post office and shop and provides support services to vulnerable adults whom primarily reside in the Golden Valley area. Amongst other things they offer a free of charge collection and delivery prescription service. They can be contacted on 01981 240235 for further information. They also run a craft café where everyone is welcome. It was agreed to promote this service through the newsletter.
14 DEFIBRILLATORS – Llanveynoe PCC has confirmed they would prefer the defibrillator to be installed in the telephone box near to Llanveynoe church although they do not wish to pay for the installation. The Parish Council have requested quotes to install all four defibrillators and have received one quote from a local electrician of £1020. It was agreed that these needed to be installed as soon as possible therefore Mrs L Watkins proposed to use some money from the business savings account to pay for the installation. All agreed to go ahead and instruct Kevin Pritchard to install the defibrillators at Craswall and Walterstone village halls with a view to installing the remaining two as soon as possible.
15 REFUSE BIN AT LONGTOWN VILLAGE HALL – Mrs Cecil has asked a committee member of the village hall how the Parish Council could help with the problem of the refuse bin at Longtown village hall. The main concern is that it is not be collected on the normal bin collection day. Although the Clerk has previously asked Herefordshire Council to collect the rubbish before she was requested to remind them again.
16 ROAD SAFETY AT LONGTOWN PRIMARY SCHOOL -The Clerk has received a response from the school which was read to Parish Councillors. There are concerns regarding road safety at the beginning and end of the school day along with damage caused to verges and speed issues. It was agreed to include this again on the September agenda.
17 STILE AT LLANDRAW, CRASWALL – At the February 2017 meeting the Parish Council had agreed to pay for a stile to be installed by the Lengthsman on footpath CZ9 opposite Llandraw Farm, Craswall. The stile was installed by the Landowner at a slightly lower cost. It was agreed that on this occasion the Parish Council would pay the landowner for the installation but would not be paying landowners to install stiles in future.
18 AUGUST NEWSLETTER – Longtown show stand, Parish Councillor vacancies, defibrillator installation.
19 NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
20 RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED ORDINARY MEETING – 20th September 2017 at 8.00pm in Longtown Village Hall – Broadband report from Diana Palmer, parking/traffic management at Longtown school, playground/play area in Longtown, Complaints Policy, Publication Scheme, Clerks Job description and contract.
The Chair declared the meeting closed at 2202.