LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 21st January 2015 at 7.30pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr N Cowles (Chairman), Mr D Freeman, Ms R Goodwin, Mrs J Probert, Mrs L Watkins, Ms D Palmer, Mrs P Tribe, Mr J Hardy, Mrs R Pritchard, Mr P Hope, Mr N Powell and Ms J Jones.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk) and Councillor Graham Powell.
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – PCSO Fiona Whitcher and Mr T Griffiths (Lengthsman).
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING – 17th December 2014 – The minutes were signed as a true and accurate record.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION – No members of the public attended the meeting and therefore no specific points were raised.
5.1 Ward Councillor Graham Powell – Councillor Powell’s report included:-
Southern Link Road
Mobile Infrastructure Program
A full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
5.2 Local Police – The Police were unable to attend the meeting.
Ms J Jones joined the meeting
5.3 Lengthsman – Parish Councillors had received the Lengthsman’s worksheet for January 2015. Additional work on the C1205 (U74408 area) and C1218 (from C1219 to Clodock Mill) were approved. The Lengthsman also indicated some areas where it is the Landowners responsibility to clear ditches under the ‘Riperian ownership statutes’, it was agreed that the Clerk would write to the relevant Landowners.
6. CLERKS UPDATE – Planning Permission has been granted at Old Forest Mill, Craswall (Application No. P142802) and Lodge Farm, Walterstone (Application No. P143066).
The Parish Council has received an invitation from the Golden Valley Action Group to attend a meeting on Wednesday 21st January regarding the group’s opposition to planning application P143343, Bage Court, Dorstone. Councillor Powell advised that he was aware of this application and thought plans were due to changed. It was agreed that the Parish Council would not make any comment at this time.
The Locality Steward has advised that local farmers should shortly receive authorisation to snow plough in the area when needed. Mrs Watkins confirmed this has now been received.
Any issues with potholes etc. should be reported to the Clerk or at https://www.herefordshire.gov.uk/report-it
Re-surfacing work on the C1203 Craswall – Longtown road has been completed.
The Lengthsman Scheme for 2015/16 has been approved. Balfour Beatty is holding two briefing sessions on 3rd February at 6.00pm and 10th February at 2.00pm. There are 83.60km of C & U roads in the parish which would enable the Parish Council to receive a basic allowance of £10,032.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING PERMISSION
Site: Wernwen, Craswall, Herefordshire. HR2 0PP
Description: Replace existing farm building with new steel framed building
Application No: P143560/F Grid Ref: 330785:232988
7.2 PLANNING PERMISSION
Site: Lower Wernddu, Rowlestone, Herefordshire. HR2 0ED
Description: Proposed conversion and alterations to 3 no existing farm buildings, minor
alterations to cottage. Construction of a new agricultural barn and
installation of solar PV array to existing agricultural barn roof.
Application No: P143724/F Grid Ref: 335230:229202
7.3 LISTED BUILDING CONSENT GRANTED
Site: Pontynys Farm, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0NA
Description: Proposed removal of stone roof tiles to replace with welsh slate
Application No: P141090/L Grid Ref: 332958:228845
Concerns were raised with regard to planning application S121539, Barn at Upper Cwm Farm, Llanveynoe. Councillor Powell confirmed that prior approval was not required under the Agricultural and Forestry Building and Operations rule which had been granted in June 2012. The Parish Council understood that previous plans had been refused and requested information on how the application had changed. Councillor Powell agreed to forward all the relevant information to Julie Jones.
8.1 Bank balance as per statement number 185 dated 12th January 2015 is £10,622.47.
8.2 Receipts – None
8.3 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for December 2014 Clerk’s hours of £407.65 (due to tax code change and tax refund) – Payment Agreed.
8.4 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1134, November 2014 (1) Roads account of £275.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.5 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1135, November 2014 (2) Roads Account of £275.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.6 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1136, December 2014 (1) Roads Account of £275.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.7 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, invoice no. TGC1137, December 2014 (2) Roads Account of £275.00 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.8 Payment to Horse & Jockey Ltd, invoice no. 24088, 4 signs of £33.32 plus VAT – Payment Agreed.
8.9 Bank Account – The Clerk advised that as the Parish Councils bank account was a community account there were no alternative current accounts available that would pay interest. Barclays could offer a slightly higher interest rate on the savings account. It was agreed to leave the savings account the same at present.
9. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – Mr Freeman reported that the Steering Group had recently held a meeting with a selection of business people in the area. They would eventually like to develop a consultation group of approximately 30-40 people who could be contacted via email to enable the Parish Council to consider Parishioners different views and ideas on developing a Plan.
As 2015 is an election year, Herefordshire Councils Neighbourhood Planning team has recently advised Parish Councils that public consultations cannot take place between 2nd April 2015 and 7th May 2015 therefore any further development on the plan will not take place until after the General Election; however the Steering Group has provisionally agreed to hold Parish meetings in Longtown, Craswall and Walterstone week commencing 18th May 2015.
10. DOG WASTE SIGNS LOCATIONS – The dog waste signs have been purchased. It was agreed that the Clerk will contact the relevant groups to enable signs to be placed at the Village Hall, Salem Chapel, Village Green and Hopes of Longtown.
11. REPORT NEW ROAD DEFECTS – Mr Hope reported various blocked ditches for the Lengthsman to clear. Potholes were reported on U75007 beyond Highfield House, C1203 near Craswall Village Hall, Lower House Farm and Pentwyn, Craswall. C1213 between Y-Ar-Y-Maen and Lower Bryn.
12. FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER ARTICLE –Neighbourhood Plan update, salt supplies, be seen at night and thanks for local help in clearing culverts.
13. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
14. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – None at present.
The Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.35pm