LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of the Longtown Group Parish Council meeting held on Wednesday 21st October 2015 at 8.00pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT – Mr N Cowles (Chairman), Mr D Freeman, Mr J Hardy, Mr N Powell, Mr P Hope, Mrs J Probert, Mrs L Watkins, Mrs J Cecil, Mrs G Watkins, Ms J Jones.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk), Ward Councillor Graham Powell and three members of the public.
The Chairman welcomed Mrs Watkins and Mrs Cecil as new members of the Parish Council.
1. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Ms D Palmer, Mrs P Tribe and PCSO Fiona Whitcher.
2. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – Mr P Hope and Mrs G Watkins declared a non-disclosable pecuniary interest in agenda item 7.3; the declarations book was signed accordingly.
3. ADOPT MINUTES OF PREVIOUS ORDINARY MEETING – 16th September2015 – Amendments were made to page no 603 item 18 to include the word ‘sign’, the minutes were then signed as a true and accurate record.
Ward Councillor Graham Powell and Ms Julie Jones joined the meeting.
4. OPEN DISCUSSION – Members of the public were present to discuss agenda item 7.2. Both parties were given the opportunity to address Councillors who in turn asked questions. All parties were made aware that although the Parish Council can comment on planning applications ultimately it is the planning department and Herefordshire Council who have the final say.
5.1 Ward Councillor Graham Powell – Councillor Powell’s report included:-
Council Tax Consultation 2016/17
Planning Application 152451
Llanveynoe – Barn on land adjacent to Cwm Farm
Herefordshire Core Strategy
A full report is available, on request, from the Clerk or via the Longtown Parish Council website.
5.2 Local Police – The Police were unable to attend the meeting.
5.3 Lengthsman – The Lengthsman was unable to attend the meeting. Extra works requested as per the worksheets were agreed by the Parish Council.
6. CLERKS UPDATE
Planning application 152502, Land at The Ferns was granted on 14th October 2015.
The Clerk has received correspondence and telephone calls regarding planning application 152391. This application will be discussed in agenda item 7.2
Herefordshire Council resolved to adopt the Herefordshire local plan Core Strategy on 16th October 2015. Parish Councillors were advised of various information events, these included a Core Strategy Seminar on 22nd October, Balfour Beatty Parish Briefings on either 27th or 29th October, Helping Herefordshire businesses prepare for disaster on 28th October, CPRE Neighbourhood plan meeting on 3rd November and Neighbourhood Planning & Examination training on 18th November.
Information regarding Herefordshire Council’s Brownfield Sites policy had been emailed to Councillors and Mr Ken Watkins.
7. CONSIDER PLANNING
7.1 PLANNING PERMISSION GRANTED
Site: Lower Wernddu, Rowlestone. HR2 0ED
Description: Proposed conservation and alteration to 3 no existing farm buildings, minor
alterations to cottage. Construction of a new agricultural barn and installation
of solar PV array to existing agricultural barn roof.
Application No: 143724 Grid Ref: 335230:229202
7.2 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: The Old Trout Inn, Dulas, Hereford, Herefordshire. HR2 0HL
Description: Change of use of the former pub car park to forestry business, use to include
the storage of business equipment (retrospective). Single storey extension
to house (part retrospective).
Application No: 152391 Grid Ref: 336169:230197
PARISH COUNCIL COMMENTS – THE PARISH COUNCIL SUPPORT THIS APPLICATION AS LONG AS THE GUIDE GIVEN OF 8 HOURS MAXIMUM USAGE PER WEEK PROCESSING MATERIALS IS ADHERED TO.
7.3 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Land at Betty Howells, North West of Daren Farm, Llanveynoe, Herefordshire.
Description: Proposed new dwelling.
Application No: 152578 Grid Ref: 329274:230523
7.4 PLANNING APPLICATION: COUNCIL DEVELOPMENT REG 4
Site: Longtown Primary School, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0LE
Description: Proposed provision of mobile classroom (retention of existing building for
which temporary consent has lapsed).
Application No: 152606 Grid Ref: 332039:229260
7.5 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Longtown Village Hall, Longtown, Herefordshire. HR2 0LD
Description: Alterations to kitchen extension and additional roof detail over entrance.
Previously approved application ref. P140035/F
Application No: 152814 Grid Ref: 332327:228822
7.6 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Land at Lower Bryn, Longtown, Herefordshire.
Description: Proposed steel portal frame building.
Application No: 152782 Grid Ref: 333622:228972
7.7 PLANNING APPLICATION
Site: Lodge Farm, Walterstone, Herefordshire. HR2 0DT
Description: Proposed construction of new 2 wheeled access track across Walterstone
Common to serve Lodge Farmhouse.
Application No: 152429 Grid Ref: 335269:225660
8.1 Confirmation of bank balance – £11,042.34 Statement Sheet No. 194 issued 12th October 2015.
8.2 Receipts – £2765.00 2nd precept payment and £1589.19 VAT refund
8.3 Payment to HALC for Clerk CiLCA training course, invoice no. 6176 of £75.00 plus VAT – Payment agreed.
8.4 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for attending third CiLCA training course, 6 hours – Payment agreed.
8.5 Payment to Mrs Linda Cowles for September 2015 Clerk’s hours plus £24.57 Stationery and £28.08 Stamps – Payment agreed.
8.6 Payment of PAYE July – September 2015 of £173.20 – Payment agreed.
8.7 Payment to Data Orchard for Neighbourhood Plan, invoice no. 89 of £820.50 – Payment agreed.
8.8 Payment to Mr T Griffiths, Invoice no. TGC1362, Sept road (1) of £375.00 plus VAT. Invoice no. TGC1389, Sept road (2) of £375.00 plus VAT. Invoice no. TGC1390, October road (1) of £275.00 plus VAT. Invoice no. TGC1391, October road (2) of £375.00 plus VAT – Payment agreed.
9. NEIGHBOURHOOD PLAN – Mr Freeman confirmed that it has been agreed to delay the distribution of questionnaires until Spring 2016. Ms Palmer and Mrs Tribe are due to attend the next Young Farmers meeting to obtain their views on the draft young persons questionnaire. A draft copy of the business questionnaire has also been sent to a selection of Parishioners on the mailing list although Mr Freeman has only received one response. It was hoped that all questionnaires would be ready to present to the Parish Council at the November meeting. The grant funding does need to be spent by the end of January 2016, Mr Freeman, Mr Gooding and the Clerk will meet to discuss the financial implications next week. There are still concerns regarding the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty statement, this will be on the agenda of the next Steering Group meeting on 6th November.
10. SPEED INDICATOR DEVICES AND 30MPH REPEATER SIGNS – It was agreed that the Clerk would request further information concerning the SID unit. The Locality Steward had advised that legally there does not need to be a specific number of 30mph repeater signs through Longtown for the speed limit to be enforceable but she will check that the current signs are visible. The Lengthsman has also obtained further information concerning the signs from Balfour Beatty, as he was unable to attend the meeting it was agreed to discuss this at the November meeting.
11. PRECEPT 2016/17 – Defer to November meeting.
12. DEFIBRILLATOR – The Clerk advised that the defibrillator was due to be installed in the next 2 weeks, training dates to be discussed at the November meeting.
13. APPLICATION FOR DEFINITIVE MAP MODIFICATION ORDER – CEFN ROAD – It was agreed to respond to Balfour Beatty stating that to the best of the Parish Councils knowledge they have no record of the area (Cefn Road) being used as a Byway Open to all Traffic (BOAT).
14. REQUESTS FOR DONATION – It was proposed by Mr Freeman to donate £200.00 to Dore Community Transport, seconded by Mrs J Probert – All agreed. It was agreed not to donate to Hereford & Localities Age UK at this time.
15. BULLS HEAD, CRASWALL – It was agreed that the Clerk would obtain further information regarding the registration of an Asset of Community Value along with any liabilities this would incur.
16. REPORT NEW ROAD DEFECTS – Salt bins and locations on the Mountain road, Penrhewy Lane, visibility splay near Shawls Lane, Craswall, visibility on the U75008 meeting the U75007 at Corner Cottage, U75003 needs a sign for ‘unsuitable for heavy goods vehicles’.
17. DECEMBER NEWSLETTER ARTICLE – None.
18. NOTE THE CORRESPONDENCE SHEET – The correspondence sheet was noted.
19. RAISE MATTERS FOR THE NEXT SCHEDULED MEETING – Precept, SID unit & 30mph signs, Bulls Head, Defibrillator training.