LONGTOWN GROUP PARISH COUNCIL
Craswall, Llanveynoe, Longtown and Walterstone
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Longtown Group Parish Council held on Wednesday 20th May 2015 at 8.00pm in Longtown Village Hall.
PRESENT –Mr N Cowles, Mrs L Watkins, Miss R Goodwin, Mr P Hope, Mr N Powell, Mr D Freeman, Ms D Palmer, Mr J Hardy and Ms J Jones.
IN ATTENDANCE – Mrs L Cowles (Clerk), Ward Councillor Graham Powell, Mr T Griffiths (Lengthsman) and PCSO Paul Davies
1. ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN – Mr N Cowles was proposed by Mr D Freeman and seconded by Mr N Powell. There were no other nominations and the proposal was carried. Mr Cowles signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office
Mr N Cowles took the Chair
This being the first meeting after the election Parish Councillors present signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office and agreed absent Councillors could sign the Declaration of Acceptance of Office on or before the next meeting on 17th June 2015. The Clerk also reminded Councillors to complete their Notice of Registrable Interests.
2. ACCEPT APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE – Mrs P Tribe.
3. TO CO-OPT PARISH COUNCILLORS TO FILL CURRENT VACANCIES – There were not candidates to Co-opt. It was agreed to advertise the three Parish Councillor vacancies to represent Longtown.
4. RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – There were no declarations of interest.
5. ELECTION OF OFFICERS
5.1 Vice-Chairman – Mr J Hardy proposed by Mr N Cowles and seconded by Mrs L Watkins. There were no other nominations and the proposal was carried.
5.2 Longtown Village Hall Representative – Mrs L Watkins. Proposed by Mr N Cowles, seconded by Miss R Goodwin – All Agreed.
5.3 Craswall Village Hall Representative – Mr N Powell. Proposed by Miss R Goodwin, seconded by Mr N Cowles – All Agreed.
5.4 Walterstone Village Hall Representative – Ms D Palmer. Proposed by Mr N Cowles, seconded by Mr N Powell – All Agreed.
5.5 Lewis, Gilbert & Thomas George Charity and Meredith Maddy Charity Representative – It was agreed to ask Mrs Tribe and defer until the next meeting.
5.6 Footpaths Officer for Craswall, Llanveynoe, Walterstone & Longtown – Mr N Powell and Miss R Goodwin (Craswall), Mr D Freeman (Longtown), Ms D Palmer (Walterstone) and Ms J Jones (Llanveynoe).
6. RECEIVE REPORTS FROM:
6.1 Parish Council Chairman – See attached, a full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
Ms J Jones joined the meeting.
6.2 Ward Councillor – See attached, a full report is available, on request, from the Clerk.
7. ANNUAL REVIEW OF PARISH COUNCIL INSURANCE – A renewal quote of £301.68 had been received from Came & Company. The Clerk had also obtained a quote of £319.74 from Zurich. As both quotes were very similar is was agreed to renew with Came & Company.
The Chairman declared the meeting closed at 8.30pm